Click here to go back to the AFC Heritage Trust Homepage Aberdeen Football Club Heritage Trust Logo  
AFC Articles
Aberdeen Football Club Heritage Trust

About the Trust

Friends of the Trust

Make a Donation
Gift Aid Explained
What is Gift Aid?

Gift Aid is a scheme which allows charities such as Aberdeen Football Club Heritage Trust to reclaim basic rate tax paid on any money donated to them by UK tax-payers.

How does it work?

As a UK taxpayer you will pay tax on your earnings, savings or pensions, at either a basic rate of 20% or a higher rate of 40%.

If you make a donation to charity, this donation will come from money that you have already paid tax on. As a charity, we can reclaim this tax back from the Government.

This means that if you donate 10, and use Gift Aid, it's actually worth 12.50. Which is great news for us!

And because this additional money comes to us straight from the government, not out of your pocket, you would still only be giving us 10 of your own money. Which is great news for you!

Making sure you've paid enough tax to use Gift Aid

You can use Gift Aid if the amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax you've paid in any tax year (from 6th April one year to 5th April the next) covers the amount of tax we will reclaim on your donations.

For advice on how to check if you've paid enough tax to use Gift aid, please visit the HMRC website

Claiming back higher rate tax

If you pay higher rate tax, you can also claim the difference between the higher rate of tax (40%) and the basic rate (20%) on the total (gross) value of your donation.

For more information on claiming back higher rate tax please visit the HMRC website

How do I Gift Aid my donations?

It's easy! All you need to do is print out and fill in a short declaration [PDF file : 340KB] confirming that you are a UK tax payer. Once you have completed and returned this form to us, we'll be able to claim the tax back on this, and on any future donations you may make. It really is as simple as that!

Simpler still is to use the JustGiving button on our home page where after a simple registration process that agency will deal with the GiftAid for you after a couple of clicks of your mouse.

Once you have made your declaration, please be sure to let us know if your name or address changes, or if you stop paying tax.