Saving layout

One Moment...

Resetting layout

One Moment...

Customise your homepage

Drag each panel to set your preferred order. Click the eye icon to toggle the visibility of the panel. You can reset the layout by clicking the 'Default' button above.
On This Day
Social History
Match Centre / League Table
Players / Managers / HOF
The Aberdeen Collection
Squad (Hidden)
Profile / Dark Blue Dons / Wartime Dons
Results / Pittodrie Stadium
RedTV / Milestones

Aberdeen 5 - 3 Falkirk

HT Score: Aberdeen 4 - 1 Falkirk

SPFL Development League
Aberdeen scorers: Anderson 16, Parker 20, Parker 37, Smith 41, Anderson 55.
Falkirk scorers: McHugh 31, McHugh 76, Grant 82

06/10/2015 | KO: 18:00

Reynolds Returns

Mark Reynolds made his comeback this evening in Brechin and helped the U20s beat Falkirk 5-3 in a very entertaining game at Glebe Park. The Dons centre half has not played since injuring his shoulder in the first European game of the season. Mark played the full 90 minutes and was in fine form. Josh Parker, Barry Robson and Cammy Smith also impressed, as did a number of Paul Sheerin's young stars.

Paul Sheerin's side this evening lined up with Mutch in goal, a back four of Rose, Culjak, Reynolds and Robertson. Robson and Thomas were in central midfield with Anderson, Smith and Norris ahead of them with Parker up front. There had been a couple of pitch inspections prior to the game, but thankfully it went ahead and the slick surface allowed both teams to play some good football. Thanks to all our friends at Brechin for getting the game on. Derek McInnes and Tony Docherty wached on as in the second minute a good ball from Welsh U19 International Dylan Thomas set Josh Parker free. Falkirk keeper Bowman did very well to get out quickly and clear. Smith then dinked a ball in for Parker but the striker was just offside. On 6 minutes Mark Reynolds showed he was not lacking much match sharpness when he made a great last ditch tackle on Thomas Grant, son of former Don Brian. After 10 minutes a long diagonal from Anderson put Parker one on one with Gallacher but the left back did well to get a tackle in.
On 12 minutes Kyle Johnson made a very good last ditch tackle on Barry Robson, but the referee adjudged it to be a back pass after the keeper had picked up. An extremely harsh decision. Robson took the free kick and blasted it on target but the Falkirk wall which covered the goal line did their job and blocked the shot. Seconds later another poor decision saw the referee fail to give Aberdeen a penalty after Anderson had flicked the ball past his marker and a hand was used to. After 16 minutes a Robson corner went all the way through to the back post area. Mark Reynolds at full stretch did well to get a shot on target but Bowman push the ball away. A minute later the keeper made a great save when Robson's through ball found Norris. The wingers shot from close range was blocked by the keeper but Cammy Smith did well to retrieve the ball and square it for Anderson who hooked the ball into the net and Aberdeen had the lead. On 20 minutes it was 2-0. A Robson header knocked the ball down to Cammy Smith, this time he played a great a little forward pass to Josh Parker and he produced a quite outstanding first time finish, lobbing the ball over the keeper from outside the area. It should have been three a few minutes later when Parker knocked a Robson corner down to Culjak but the centre half failed to make decent enough contact. The Dons looked in complete control and were playing some great attacking football but just after the half hour mark Falkirk pulled a goal back. Scott Shepherd crossed for Bob McHugh, who had started the move inside his own half, and his first time prod at the near post went in. A clever finish if he meant it. Back came the Dons and Dylan Thomas hit a fine strike which was heading into the top corner but his thunderous shot was very well saved by the keeper. From the resulting corner Reynolds volleyed just over.
On 37 minutes Barry Robson took a quick free kick and played a long ball to Parker. The striker still had quite a lot to do but cleverly controlled the ball and beat his man before coming back inside and then slotting it past the keeper. A very good finish. Robson's pass as well was top quality. Some of his vision and long range passing this evening was a joy to watch. On 40 minutes Reynolds played a good long ball which picked out Smith but the defender just managed to get a foot in. On 41 minutes play was spread to the left when Smith played it wide to Anderson. Young Bruce then produced a great cross to pick out Smith who had continued his run and Cammy produced a very good first time finish. On the stroke of half time Parker should have completed his hat-trick when through one on one but this time the keeper saved well.

Aberdeen grabbed a fifth on 55 minutes. Again the assist came from Cammy Smith as his ball into Anderson was good enough to beat all the defenders. Bruce then held off his marker before slotting the ball past the keeper. A minute later almost another great goal. Robson's superb long diagonal ball picked out the run of Rose, the captain showed great technique to side foot a volley towards goal but the ball went inches past the post with the keeper rooted to the spot. Paul Sheerin then put on a number of the U17 players from the bench. Seb Ross played in midfield, Hynes went to right back and Lewis Hutchison came on to make his debut. He is an attacking player and very nearly scored with his first touch. On 76 minutes Falkirk pulled a goal back when Shepherd set up McHugh who again produced a clever first time finish as he opened up his body and side footed it home. On 80 minutes Josh was very unlucky not to complete his hat-trick when his curling shot just went past the far post.
With just over five minutes to go the visitors pulled another goal back. Robson was booked after a hand ball. Barry did not agree with the decision. From the resulting free kick initially the shot was blocked but the ball was not cleared from the danger area, Grant's shot was then saved by Mutch but the ball rebounded off Robertson and went into the net. All of a sudden it was game on again. The Dons had been involved in two 5-4 matches on this very ground last season - surely not again? Robson and Reynolds though pulled the young troops together and in the end they saw out the game comfortably. On 86 minutes a Robson free kick was well saved by Bowman and in the last minute the keeper made another good save after Cammy Smith had dispossessed a defender and ran in on goal. That typified Cammy's performance, and the team tonight - the fact he was still willing to run half the length of the pitch to close a man down in the final minute.
Aberdeen Teamsheet
Mutch, Rose, Robertson, Thomas (Ross 57), Culjak (Hynes), Reynolds, Anderson (Hutchison 81), Robson, Parker, Smith, Norris.

Unused Subs: Craddock, Dangana, Youngson.

Bookings:  Robson (85).
Falkirk Teamsheet
Bowman, Sinnamon, Gallacher, Blues, Dick, Johnson (Finlayson 45), Shepherd, Blair, McHugh, O'Hara, Grant Subs not used: Erskine, Fagan, Langton, Stowe
Venue: Glebe Park, Brechin