Saving layout

One Moment...

Resetting layout

One Moment...

Customise your homepage

Drag each panel to set your preferred order. Click the eye icon to toggle the visibility of the panel. You can reset the layout by clicking the 'Default' button above.
On This Day
Social History
Match Centre / League Table
Players / Managers / HOF
The Aberdeen Collection
Squad (Hidden)
Profile / Dark Blue Dons / Wartime Dons
Results / Pittodrie Stadium
RedTV / Milestones

Partick Thistle 2 - 1 Aberdeen

HT Score: Partick Thistle 1 - 1 Aberdeen

Scottish Premier Reserve League
Partick Thistle scorers: Storer 2, Storer 54 (pen)
Aberdeen scorers: Ross 26.

10/12/2018 | KO: 14:00

Having battled through to a Reserve Cup semi final meeting with Hearts in Edinburgh, the Dons Reserves turned their attention back to League business as they travelled to Glasgow to face a Partick Thistle side currently two points behind them in the table after their opening five games.
The Dons fielded a young starting eleven with only two players out of their teens - David Craddock and Jordan McGregor - as they played a Reserve League match for the first time since the 29th October.

Aberdeen were in their pearl grey away strip as the game got underway in chilly but calm conditions under the shadow of the National Stadium.
Thistle took the lead after only two minutes when Storer curled a twenty-yard free kick into David Craddock's top right corner. The same player nearly made it two in the fifth minute, but his left-footed effort was just too high.
The Dons had yet to settle into the game despite one or two dangerous looking runs from Ethan Ross and Thistle were knocking the ball around well on the big pitch. Kemoe did well to chase down a long ball out of defence but he couldn't quite pick out Galasso in front of goal.
The Dons drew level on 26 minutes. David Dangana won a free kick twenty-two yards out, right at the angle of the penalty area and Ethan Ross stepped forward to fire a magnificent shot high past the despairing Stevenson. Storer's free kick had been very good, Ethan's was right out of the top drawer.
Morgan Brown's intelligent probing from the middle of the park were now having an influence on the game as the visitors started to put pressure on the Thistle rearguard.
Jags' left back Rodden suffered a head knock after an aerial challenge from Virtanen but was able to resume after treatment. Connor was booked in the 41st minute after an innocuous looking challenge on Ross. It was a foul, but the yellow card was harsh.
Kemoe turned neatly to get away from McGregor and looked to be clear in on goal until a superb challenge from the game's smallest player, Connor Barron, denied the big striker. The wee man was in the action at the other end shortly after, teeing up Lloyd Robertson for a shot which was just a foot too high.
A competitive first half with few opportunities for either side, two fine set piece goals seeing the teams go in at the break all square.

Half time - Partick Thistle Reserves 1 Aberdeen Reserves 1,/p> Dangana's strength almost created an opening for Ross in the opening thirty seconds of the second period but Stevenson dived bravely at Ethan's feet to save. Conor Power limped off after 47 minutes to be replaced by Kyle Dalling.
An excellent ball over the top from Duncanson nearly found Galasso but Craddock was very quickly off his line to smother the danger.
Thistle won a penalty on 54 minutes after a clumsy challenge by Robertson on Rodden. Jack Storer made no mistake from the spot to give the young Jags the lead for a second time. Chris Antoniazzi came off to be replaced by Tyler Alexander.
Storer was now looking for his hat-trick and he forced a smart save from Craddock just before Dangana was cautioned for a foul on Wilson. Jags' goal hero Storer blotted his copybook by picking up a booking for a poor challenge on Morgan Brown in midfield, the Dons man needing lengthy treatment from physio George Good before being able to continue.
A poor clearance from home skipper Niang almost presented a chance to Alexander but his first time shot on the turn was deflected past the post. From the resulting corner, Dalling's powerful back-post header was well saved low down by Stevenson.
Danny Strachan replaced Barron for the Dons on 70 minutes while Galasso came off for Thistle, Renfrew coming on. Virtanen moved into midfield with Strachan slotting in at right back.
Fine play from Dangana saw him slip the ball to Ross, but Eadie made a brilliant interception to deny the Dons man a second goal. Aberdeen were applying some real pressure now and an acrobatic effort from Brown was narrowly over the top.
Storer was ordered off with four minutes left, his second booking apparently for a comment made to referee Stephen Brown. Kemoe was also booked two minutes later after a challenge on Brown.
Thistle took off Kemoe to introduce Griffith as the game went into stoppage time and despite incessant Aberdeen pressure stood firm to claim all three points.

Partick Thistle Teamsheet
Stevenson, Duncanson, Rodden, Niang (C), McIntyre, Eadie, Storer, Wilson, Kemoe (Griffith 90), Galasso (Renfrew 70), Connor

Unused substitutes: Walker, Vezza.

Bookings:  Connor 41,   Storer 63,   Kemoe 88,   Storer 86  Storer 86
Aberdeen Teamsheet
Craddock, Virtanen, MacKenzie, Robertson, McGregor, Power (Dalling 47), Barron (Strachan 70), Brown, Dangana, Ross, Antoniazzi (Mykyta 54).

Unused Subs: Mair.

Bookings:  Dangana (58).
Venue: Lesser Hampden, Glasgow
Referee: Stephen Brown
Next Match
Ross County
19 May 2024 / 15:00 / Victoria Park, Dingwall