Saving layout

One Moment...

Resetting layout

One Moment...

Customise your homepage

Drag each panel to set your preferred order. Click the eye icon to toggle the visibility of the panel. You can reset the layout by clicking the 'Default' button above.
On This Day
Social History
Match Centre / League Table
Players / Managers / HOF
The Aberdeen Collection
Squad (Hidden)
Profile / Dark Blue Dons / Wartime Dons
Results / Pittodrie Stadium
RedTV / Milestones

Aberdeen 7 - 0 St. Mirren

HT Score: Aberdeen 3 - 0 St. Mirren

SPL Youth 18
Aberdeen scorers: Bavidge 5, McKenzie 11, Bavidge 37, Harvey 50, Fatona 70, Marshall 84, Pirie 85.

07/04/2023 | KO: 14:00

Good Friday all round for Young Dons

Aberdeen U18s continued their fine vein of form and gained a further three points in their quest to stay top of the league as they saw off St Mirren for a second time in a week.

The game got off to a fast start as a great ball down the line and found Adam Emslie whose shot was hit hard and low which forced a great reaction save from the St Mirren goalkeeper Kenzie Smyth.
Aberdeen were the team to break the deadlock in the fifth minute as Brendan Hamilton collected the ball on the left-hand side and fired over a half volley cross which was headed into net by Alfie Bavidge.
The lead was doubled in the eleventh minute as a corner taken by Alfie Stewart looped over everyone's heads and was met by the head of centre back Blair McKenzie who coolly slotted home to double the lead.
Scott Anderson's side continued a high press and in the sixteenth minute Bavidge nicked the ball away from the St Mirren defender just outside the box. He then squared it across goal to Emslie but his shot was well blocked away for a corner.
The great deliveries from Aberdeen's wide men also continued in the eighteenth minute as a ball from Stewart was met by the head of Finlay Marshall. However, his header was just over the bar.
Only two minutes later the young Dons were on the attack again. This time Hamilton drove down the left-hand side and whipped in a dangerous cross which was met by the head of Timi Fatona. His cushioned header leads perfectly to Dylan Lobban whose volley just went over the bar.
Aberdeen finally managed to find a third goal in the thirty seventh minute as a ball over the top of the back line was met by Bavidge. The striker held off his marker before his low and hard effort across the keeper rattled the left post and went in to make it 3-0 and give Bavidge his thirty third goal in the league.
Going into the break Aberdeen looked in control and had done well to minimise any attempts at goal from St Mirren.

Half Time. Aberdeen 3 St Mirren 0

The second half commenced, and it was more of the same as in the fiftieth minute as another pinpoint left footed cross from Hamilton was poked into the net by the right foot of substitute Liam Harvey, making it 4-0.
St Mirren then had their first real chance in the game four minutes later as the ball is played over to the striker Aiden Gilmartin and it looked as if he was going to get a shot away but Aberdeen goalkeeper Blessing Oluyemi was out quick to come out and collect the ball.
Aberdeen hit the counter from the previous St Mirren attack as Emslie slides through Harvey and puts him one-on-one with the St Mirren goalkeeper. Harvey manages to poke the ball past the keeper and was in turn cleared out by Smyth resulting in a penalty. The spot kick was taken by Hamilton who shot hard and low to the keepers right. Smyth was able to make a top save though in order to stop the penalty and keep the game at 4-0.
St Mirren then hit Aberdeen with a counterattack of their own in the sixty first minute as a shot was well saved by Oluyemi but only as far as Gilmartin who was five yards from goal. His shot however was sent sailing over the crossbar.
Aberdeen took control again and like last week added some late goal to a gloss on the scoreline.
In the seventieth minute as a ball played over the back line was met by right back Fatona who touched the ball down and half volleyed it into the net making the score 5-0.
The goals kept on coming for Aberdeen as in the eighty-fourth minute a great touch from Marshall allowed him plenty of time to manoeuvre himself round his opposition defender and firmly slot it into the net to make it 6-0 to the hosts.
The final goal for the Dons came in the eighty-fifth minute as Lewis Pirie was given free roam of the final third to drive at Smyths goal and make it 7-0.
The match ended 7-0, this result keeps Aberdeen top of the league with 45 points. Celtic and Hamilton Accies remain close in pursuit. The players never slowing down and kept their performance to a highest standard, despite taking control of the game early on.
Next up for the team is a Tuesday trip to Gussie Park where the Dons will take on Dundee United.
Aberdeen Teamsheet
Oluyemi, Hamilton (Boyd 87), Watson, Murray (Pirie 57), McKenzie, Stewart (Mercer 87), Emslie (Wilson 71), Lobban, Fatona, Bavidge (Harvey 46), Marshall.

Unused Subs: Smilie, Enem.

Bookings:  Wilson (80).
St. Mirren Teamsheet
Smyth, Logue, Carey, Foster, McLellend, Campbell, Mooney, Gaffney, Gilmartin, Porter, Phinn

Unused Substitutes: Kelly, Sutherland, Grady, Delvin, McEvoy, Penman
Venue: Cormack Park, Aberdeen